Back from the Dead Sea and we have so much homework to start and finish it is unreal.
However, here are some notes to update everyone who might be wondering where I am or was.
- The Dead Sea is incredible — lowest point on earth, the drive down was tougher on my ears popping than taking off in an airplane
- The hotel is beautiful, we are apparently VIPs
- pools, hottubs, I spent more time in the water than out of it while awake (wait, there’s a water crisis in Jordan)
- Dead Sea – we did the mud, we could float as far as we want, not a single life guard or security guard has control over American college students
- swimming in the Dead Sea at night, seeing Palestine from a distance
- Climbing a giant hill of sand to watch the sunset over Israel
I am so tired I could fall asleep with my face on my keyboard but I have to ring in my birthday tonight!
I can’t think of a better weekend or trip to celebrate the beginning of the next decade of my life.
I will be back! And there will be a lot of wonderful views of the Dead Sea.
This is that sunset I was talking about.